- Номера и Люксы
Baden was known since the Roman times. It was known by the names Aquae Cetiae or Thermae Pannoniciae because of it wells. The settlement was first mentioned in 869AD, but received its legal status in 1480 only. After the big fire in 1812 it was completely rebuilt in the Biedermeier style.
The railway connection with Vienna and Graz, that opened in the 19th century attracted a lot of famous people – Schubert, Beethoven, Johann Strauss Father, Lanner, Grillparzer, Raiumund and many others, as well as thousands of Viennese to the waters. The members of the imperial family constructed many villas in the area.
By the time of the First World War, Baden became Vienna's principal resort with 20 000 guests a year. The opening of a new casino in 1934 made the town the premier resort throughout Austria.
The town has different active tourist routes, as well as local sights – Kurpark, St. Stephan’s Cathedral, House of Beethoven, Casino, Stadttheater, Roemertherme, and of course Doblhoffpark with the famous rosarium and Weikersdorf castle.
The exact date, when the Weikersdorf castle was built is not known. The history dates us back to 1268, when Henry and Albero of Weikersdorf owned this land. In 1579 the property was rebuilt to a castle and arcade courtyard in the Renaissance style. From 1692 the building was baroqueized: on the first floor, the ceilings were stuccoed, the gate tower received a façade, and the former keep was demolished to eaves height. More renovations were made during the 1859-1860. As a hotel, the Weikersdorf castle opened its doors in 1975. Since 2018 the Hotel Schloss Weikersdorf is operated by Mozart Hotel Group.
Бронируйте напрямую, чтобы получить лучшую цену!
Мы не берем комиссию за бронирование!
Прямой контакт с отелем
Воспользуйтесь нашими специальными предложениями.